Founded more than 40 years ago by Samih Darwazah in Jordan, Hikma's purpose is to provide high-quality, affordable medicines to the people who need them. Based on the solid foundation we have built; we will continue to innovate and find practical solutions to transform the lives of the millions of people we serve.
In the late 1980s we extended our reach beyond the Middle East and acquired land in Portugal for the construction of a sterile manufacturing plant for injectable pharmaceutical products. This was a major turning point for the company, and our first step into a new region. Today, we have more than 800 employees and our campus has 3 factories where we produce injectable drugs.
Our Hikma Bootcamp program welcomes trainees every year - students and recent graduates and master's degrees - looking for a first contact with the labour market in a pharmaceutical industry or, looking for an opportunity of professional development and growth.
Our program is divided into 3 types of internships: Light Bootcamps (dedicated to students who wish to complete their studies with an internship of 3 to 6 months), Summer Bootcamps (dedicated to students who wish to have an extracurricular experience during the summer period lasting 1 to 3 months) and Professional Bootcamps (in partnership with IEFP we integrate into the newly graduated or master's job market, providing a professional experience of 9 to 12 months).
Currently, our Hikma Bootcamp program is searching for a Professional Bootcamper (m/f), for our facilities in Sintra, eligible for IEFP professional internship, to join our Pharmaceutical Development team.
Accepting our challenge, you will have the opportunity to perform laboratory analysis of different techniques (including but not limited to HPLC and GC), test multiple development samples at different stability time points, manage to find the best analytical method by understanding the principles and following literature plus experimental evaluation, perform method of analysis validation activities, plus testing using any other wet chemistry techniques.
- Design experiments on different method to find the best differentiating one
- Follow the documentation system and the capability to adhere to the cGLP and cGMP
- Perform method of analysis validation for different techniques
- Run second source evaluation and qualification activities
- Contribute to finding the solutions and providing ideas to tackle the issues in concern
- Run instruments and maintain them in good conditions after receiving the proper training
- Help in setting up SOP’s for the different instruments and laboratory operations
- Monitor the stability program of the development samples and carry-on testing as per the provided protocol
- Coordinate and interact with different departments in our facilities to arrange and agree on the work plan
- Provide the documentation support for new products registration process in new markets or for maintenance of the existing ones
- MSc Degree in Chemistry; Chemical Engineering, or any other related fields
- Mastery English language, written and spoken
- Creativity and critical thinking
- Dynamism and proactivity
- Team Spirit and collaboration skills
Adding to this, we value the sense of responsibility, taste for challenges as well as autonomy, empathy and transparency.
What we offer
- IEFP professional internship (12 months)
- Initial and continuous training, integrated in a dynamic and positive environment
- Professional development and growth
- Possibility of acquiring knowledge and practices in a group in strong expansion
If you are interested and have the desired profile, send us your application with full and updated CV, as well as your qualifications certificate, until August 31st.
If this opportunity is attractive for the beginning of your professional career join us and be able to contribute to put a better health, within reach, every day.